WDP is always looks for ways to improve everything we do. We see innovation, research and creativity as key to our ongoing goal of continuous improvement.
Our pathologists and scientists make countless scientific contributions to improve the application of laboratory diagnostics.
As experts in their respective disciplines, they are actively engaged in:
- Developing new laboratory diagnostics.
- Evaluating existing diagnostic tests.
- Defining indications for laboratory diagnostics.
- Enhancing interpretation of laboratory test results.
- Setting standards for the performance of laboratory diagnostics
Ultimately, our aim is to innovate in ways that enhance our services, tools, and products so we are able to support doctors who are building on their diagnostic insights and patient care.
A few notable Australian innovations pioneered by Western Diagnostic Pathology:
- First pathology service in Australia to introduce a multi-location lab information system.
- First private laboratory to utilise Micro-Array technology for genetic testing.
- First private pathology service to provide West Australian public hospital services.
- First pathology service to provide AS4308 accredited drug and alcohol testing services into Western Australia and the Northern Territory.