Infection prevention based on your institution's results
We work in partnership with you to do the following:
- Exceed your accreditation requirements
- Achieve best practice
- Generate daily, weekly and monthly electronic reports
- Manage your day to day bed movements of patients
We also make the following data available to you:
- MRSA - Staphylococcus
- VRE - Vancomycin Resistant Enterococci
- Clostridium difficile
- All blood culture results
For more details on infection control, email us.
Alternatively, to discuss the Infection Control Report, please contact one of our Medical Microbiologists on
08 9317 0999.
Your Antibiogram Report will assist you to comply with items 3.2 and 3.14 of the National Safety and Quality Health Service Standard 3. It will also show the resistance patterns of your organisms for the previous year. Remember, it’s a good exercise to review your empiric antibiotic guidelines.
According to national and international guidelines, only the first isolate of an organism recovered from each patient during the year is used to calculate the percentage of susceptibility for each given species. This is done to prevent the over reporting of resistance. Methods used are based upon the recommendations of the Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute (CLSI) and the Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Health Care.
Your Antibiogram Report presents the following:
- Blood culture data – full antibiogram (top 10 organisms isolated for your institution)
- Urine culture data – full antibiogram (top 5 organisms isolated for your institution)
- Collated non-urine culture data – full antibiogram (top 10 isolated for your institution)
- 15 specific organisms with full antibiogram data from your institution
- Firstly, your Medical Director or CEO will need to inform us that you require access to this annual report.
- We will create a secure user name and password for you to access the reports.
- Infection Control Reports can be sent to different recipients within your institution.
For more details, please email.
Alternatively, to discuss the Antibiogram Report, please contact:
Dr Duncan McLellan, Medical Microbiologist on 08 9317 0999.
Electronic Health Record Integration
At Western Diagnostic Pathology we understand that connecting and delivering health information where and when it’s needed is critical in the eHealth world. That’s why we work hard to ensure the integration of your inpatients and outpatients pathology data with your electronic medical record. This means that a permanent pathology record is embedded in your hospital’s information system known as the Electronic Health Record Integration (EHR).
When it comes to EHR you can rely on:
- Western Diagnostic Pathology's established track record of EHR integration with over 100 major private and public hospitals including multi-location hospital systems.
- Our ability to integrate with all hospital systems including Cerner, Trakhealth, BossNet and McKesson.
- Significant proprietary IT platforms that enable efficient, secure and effective linkages with the hospital EHR.
- Fully compliant EHR systems to NATA standards to maintain data integrity and privacy.